Outofthemoney

blong, vicksburg, jones, J_Gilbert
jones
I mostly hunt turkey in: MS
While hunting I carry: A ratty old vest full of lots of heavy stuff that makes loud noises when Im trying to be quiet.

Outofthemoney

Post by jones » Fri May 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Well guys, we are offically out of the running for any prizes. Looks like we will finish between 5th and 7th. This is one heck of a close contest. If jgilbert's bonus points were not disqualified we would be tied for first! Blong still has first place on longest spur. Maybe atleast one of the cowbell boys will win something ;)
CJ

J Gilbert
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: 870 Youth 20ga, Limbhanger vest with Halloran pots and Tom Teasers diaphragms and Beard Hunter box calls

Re: Outofthemoney

Post by J Gilbert » Sun May 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Still not sure why my first bird got the bonus points dropped, I had 2 in black from the spurs and the beard was in red originally, sent several messages to Grant about it but to no avail. Oh well, it was fun guys, we gave it a shot, just wish I knew what happened with those points as I thought the ones in black were final
Team NO COMPETITION

Bobbyparks
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey

Post by Bobbyparks » Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

Jonathan

your bonus points and most of the others that lost bonus points were not counted because of no Date Verification shown in the bonus point shots.

There was a stated requirement for bonus point entries and shown in example photos...I made a number of reminders as well during the contest

The judges were required to make judgements based on contest rules and guidelines .....and on the date verification requirement...it was either in the shot or it wasn't ...they had to award or disallow accordingly

In all there were 5 judges and anytime an entry was brought up as questionable ....a poll vote was conducted
and decisions rendered...."tape creep" and some you could not see both ends of the tape on beard
measurements

A few with others ...,may have been a case where judges did not think tape showed what was claimed...,but
don't think that was case with yours

We realized when we established this that adhering strictly to the rules might up set some...but not to or to
begin making exceptions...would potentially upset even more

Your birds were awesome...no question...and chances are if you had killed thes e birds later and saw others were losing points...you would have had the shots...it became less a problem as we went on

There will be a Re Cap Letter released within a few days that touches on a lot of this....I believe it will help put a lot in perspective

Out of around 120 birds..3 were DQ Ed because of no date verification but a number of people did not have bonus points counted for the same reason as yours

Bobby
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

J Gilbert
While hunting I carry: 870 Youth 20ga, Limbhanger vest with Halloran pots and Tom Teasers diaphragms and Beard Hunter box calls

Post by J Gilbert » Sun May 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Mr. Bobby, I appreciate you taking the time to explain everything, I certainly have no problem losing the points if something wasn't right with my pictures, and I can see where I messed up. I enjoyed the contest and have no hard feelings at all, thanks again
Team NO COMPETITION

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Mon May 14, 2012 7:45 am

If it makes you feel any better, I lost some points as well that would have put us in 3rd place by ourselves...pics were not very good....this has been a learning experience for me and I have taken a lot of notes and printed off a lot of things that will help me get the most out of my photos next year.

Hold your head up fellas....you all did a great job!! I look forward to future contests with you guys!!!
Colossians 3:17

Bobbyparks
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey

Post by Bobbyparks » Mon May 14, 2012 11:30 am

J Gilbert wrote:Thanks for the reply Mr. Bobby, I appreciate you taking the time to explain everything, I certainly have no problem losing the points if something wasn't right with my pictures, and I can see where I messed up. I enjoyed the contest and have no hard feelings at all, thanks again

Thanks for understanding Jonathan.

This was tough at times and stressful as wel when it came to scoring etc.

the great sportsmanship demonstrated here has been much appreciated.

This team along with a few ithers could just as well have won this.....that's obvious to us all

Y'all had a stacked line up for sure!

Bobby
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

jones
I mostly hunt turkey in: MS
While hunting I carry: A ratty old vest full of lots of heavy stuff that makes loud noises when Im trying to be quiet.

Post by jones » Mon May 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Bobby,
You guys did a great job. I hate we lost points but rules are rules. I can imagine how much trouble it is to put together a contest like this. Want you to know that I really enjoyed it and appreciate your hard work.
Johnathan,
Brother you killed some studs! I enjoyed teamin up with you this year.

Im ready for March 2013!

CJ

J Gilbert

Post by J Gilbert » Tue May 15, 2012 8:44 pm

It was definitely fun, if possible we should put together this team and try it again next season, I'm hoping to get in an out-of-state hunt or two and should also have some more time to spend in the woods here in GA. We'll take off the gloves next season haha
Team NO COMPETITION

Return to “12 - Cowbell boys”