team 12 report page

blong, vicksburg, jones, J_Gilbert
J Gilbert
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: 870 Youth 20ga, Limbhanger vest with Halloran pots and Tom Teasers diaphragms and Beard Hunter box calls

Re: team 12 report page

Post by J Gilbert » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:58 pm

Congrats on the birds so far guys. My trip begins tomorrow, I'll try to update with some good news if I can find some service. I'm looking forward to putting some points on the board for us
Team NO COMPETITION

J Gilbert
While hunting I carry: 870 Youth 20ga, Limbhanger vest with Halloran pots and Tom Teasers diaphragms and Beard Hunter box calls

Post by J Gilbert » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:26 pm

Well guys, I just got to my girlfriend's, it was a successful few days for me. I managed to fill all of my tags, and had a blast. I've got 3 longbeards to enter for the team, and will get them put up tomorrow or Tuesday. 2 of the birds will be 5pt birds, one will be 6 or 7 for sure.

The first bird I got weighed 19lbs 15oz, had a 9.75" beard, and had spurs that were both just under an inch. He was on the ground within the first 2 hours of us getting there (I believe I shot him sometime around 1:30.) The second bird died the next morning, weighed in at over 20lbs and his longest strand was 12 1/4", and he had several over 11". His spurs were 1 3/8" and 1", too bad they didn't match. I passed another bird, a 2 year old, the afternoon after this bird, had him at 6 yards with my bow but didn't want to end the hunt that early. I got my last bird this morning, he was a runt at only 15lbs, but had a beard just under 10" and spurs that were both just over an inch.

Overall, I had a great weekend, wish I had more tags because I'd still be there, but it is what it is. Now it's time to get out there and help a couple buddies try to fill their tags
Team NO COMPETITION

jones
I mostly hunt turkey in: MS
While hunting I carry: A ratty old vest full of lots of heavy stuff that makes loud noises when Im trying to be quiet.

Post by jones » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I heard a rumor that Brock downed an 8 point bird with some loooonnnngggg shanks in Gorgia this evening.

vicksburg
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mississippi
While hunting I carry: WAAAY more stuff than i really need!
3" Rem 870, Hooks mouth calls, Kaiser copper pot, Spring Allure aliuminum Pot, Large roll of toilet paper!

Post by vicksburg » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:11 am

J Gilbert wrote:Well guys, I just got to my girlfriend's, it was a successful few days for me. I managed to fill all of my tags, and had a blast. I've got 3 longbeards to enter for the team, and will get them put up tomorrow or Tuesday. 2 of the birds will be 5pt birds, one will be 6 or 7 for sure.

The first bird I got weighed 19lbs 15oz, had a 9.75" beard, and had spurs that were both just under an inch. He was on the ground within the first 2 hours of us getting there (I believe I shot him sometime around 1:30.) The second bird died the next morning, weighed in at over 20lbs and his longest strand was 12 1/4", and he had several over 11". His spurs were 1 3/8" and 1", too bad they didn't match. I passed another bird, a 2 year old, the afternoon after this bird, had him at 6 yards with my bow but didn't want to end the hunt that early. I got my last bird this morning, he was a runt at only 15lbs, but had a beard just under 10" and spurs that were both just over an inch.

Overall, I had a great weekend, wish I had more tags because I'd still be there, but it is what it is. Now it's time to get out there and help a couple buddies try to fill their tags
Heck Yeah! Congrats! Sounds like a fun couple of days!!!
<---------------Quinn----------------<<<

jones
While hunting I carry: A ratty old vest full of lots of heavy stuff that makes loud noises when Im trying to be quiet.

Post by jones » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:25 pm

That sounds like a great weekend j gilbert. The score cards are filling up slowly but the MS boys still have some out of state hunts to go. we had a great hatch 2 years ago in south ms and there are 2 yo gobblers all over the place. we are having to try to pass up all the younguns to get on an older bird.

blong
I mostly hunt turkey in: ms
While hunting I carry: calls, shells, alot of baby wipes

Post by blong » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:07 pm

ImageImageImageImageg]

[img]http://i265.photobImageucket.com/albums/ii213/kiflong7276/gapapertombeard-1-1.jpg[/img]

jones

Post by jones » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:23 am

Awsome bird Brock. with j gilberts recent kills our scorecard should be lookin pretty good. Im ready for some of those long spurred missouri and kansas birds!

Gilbert, you gonna be able to get your biggest two posted? We should have a decent showing if everything goes well.

Cape

blong
I mostly hunt turkey in: ms
While hunting I carry: calls, shells, alot of baby wipes

Post by blong » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:08 am

Our birds are going silent. Looks like I will have to wait for the 16th to get on some 'show me' toms!

J Gilbert

Post by J Gilbert » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Don't feel bad, two of the birds I killed last week were silent as well. I actually didn't hear a bird within a half mile of me from my listening spot until the last morning, and I killed one of the two that were gobbling together. It's tough, but it helps to have a spot that you know they frequent in the afternoon where you can do some waiting.

I posted my birds last night, I posted the bigger one at 9pts, I think he might get knocked back to 8 since he only has 1 spur over the length, thereby getting half the points, and the other ended up being a 6pt bird once I looked back at the pictures. Hopefully we can keep the ball rolling and you guys will knock down some good birds in your travels
Team NO COMPETITION

J Gilbert

Post by J Gilbert » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:04 pm

Well guys, one bird is definitely in at 7 points, the final 2 is awaiting judgement. For some reason, he only put one of the two birds up, I sent Grant a message 2 days ago but he still hasn't sent me anything back so far
Team NO COMPETITION

Return to “12 - Cowbell boys”