Michigan Bird with Bow on Video 04/27/12

kenny_Hollingsworth
I mostly hunt turkey in: the south
While hunting I carry: Bowtech Realm X, Plenty of mouth calls and couple of slates. Sometimes a Mossberg!

Post by kenny_Hollingsworth » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:42 pm

I went to Southern Michigan over the weekend. I took my largest bird ever on friday afternoon. Shot with my Strother Wrath at 16 yards without a blind. We filmed the hunt as well for a 2013 episode of Reel Shot Tv. Here are the numbers.

04/27/2012-Witnessed by Larry Tuebert of Bolt Outfitters & Bob Owen-Michigan NWTF chapter president
23.18 lbs
10.5 inch beard
1.25 inch spurs
Michigan-Bow
NWTF Score 69.18

kenny_Hollingsworth
While hunting I carry: Bowtech Realm X, Plenty of mouth calls and couple of slates. Sometimes a Mossberg!

Re: Michigan Bird with Bow on Video 04/27/12

Post by kenny_Hollingsworth » Thu May 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Ok, doesnt appear that my bird will be posted on the scorecard. Yall are much too picky evidently. Isnt this all for fun or does somebody lose a leg if they dont win? :?

Grant
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff

Post by Grant » Thu May 03, 2012 2:45 pm

kenny_Hollingsworth wrote:Ok, doesnt appear that my bird will be posted on the scorecard. Yall are much too picky evidently. Isnt this all for fun or does somebody lose a leg if they dont win? :?
Howdy, Kenny... do you have any pics with a dated proof? It looks like none of your pics do... to be fair to the other birds that got DQ'd for the same reason, we'd have to DQ this bird.
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

fredw
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Browning Maxus

Post by fredw » Thu May 03, 2012 3:15 pm

Kenny, great bird.

As far as being picky though, I think we're all playing by the same rules. And the rules do require dated proof. Hope you have some pics with the dates and can enter that fine bird.

Bobbyparks
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey

Post by Bobbyparks » Thu May 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Kenny

He is a great bird for sure

We are just trying to follow the guidelines and rules posted and established prior to the contest starting

I even made several post as reminders just before and several since about what photos had to be submitted along with samples

With a contest like this and with prizes involved consistency is important and to begin to make exceptions would just open up a whole new can of worms...and this thing would get away from us and out of controll quickly.

Not the easiest of things to run and no one wants to offend anyone but all we can do at least in our view is base judging by the set forth guidelines and again be consistent as we can...

no one would lose a leg but we feel we would lose credibilty

In fact we're very consistent with GON forum that this one was largely based on that does a good job and has done it for years

Bobby
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

kenny_Hollingsworth

Post by kenny_Hollingsworth » Mon May 07, 2012 2:28 pm

No dated proof on this one. These are stills from the video footage. Not a big deal to me, our team has very few kills and is way out of the running for the contest. It should be worth noting that i have a current year model Strother Wrath in the pic beside me. I guess i could take a pic of my 2012 punched tag, if it makes a difference. Otherwise,ill just sit on the sidelines and observe. :)

kenny_Hollingsworth

Post by kenny_Hollingsworth » Mon May 07, 2012 2:31 pm

One other thing, If you right click on the top picture, go to properties. It shows the date as 04272012. Thats the day i created the still and filmed the hunt.

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Mon May 07, 2012 2:40 pm

Here is a link to the rules for the contest....Just to clear things up for you.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xVz ... edit?pli=1#

Take a look and it should clear things up for you....Congrats on the bird by the way!
Colossians 3:17

kenny_Hollingsworth

Post by kenny_Hollingsworth » Tue May 08, 2012 8:08 am

Thanks , but i dont need things cleared up. I know what the rules are now. If you look at my first entry, i have a cell phone open with the date. In this case, i didnt have my cell phone with me to take a pic with the bird. I was just hoping that it being witnessed by a chapter president would suffice. In addition, i think a punched tag is also sufficient proof. I do have that. Otherwise, like i said, not a big deal. I just think this contest is taken a bit too seriously in my opinion.

STEROIDCHICKEN
I mostly hunt turkey in: GEORGIA
While hunting I carry: MY MOSSY OAK WRAPPED CAMERA AND TRIPOD, GUN OR BOW, VEST....AND HOPEFULLY, SOME LUCK.

Post by STEROIDCHICKEN » Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 am

This contest was designed to be fun Kenny. Rules were set in place to keep everything and everyone consistent. We cannot allow any deviation, otherwise it would become a mess. We are glad that everyone who was willing to participate in this contest abide by the rules that were set forth. We are glad that you were a part of it as well but like it is stated....we have got to be consistant.
Ronnie Smith's Outdoor Adventures Prostaff/Cameraman

Return to “Week 6 - 4/21 to 4/27”