Longbeard Decapitators Team Thread

BPowell, GSLAM95, Spinnerbait, Northerner
BPowell
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA, KY, and AL
While hunting I carry: Woodhaven and Tom Teasers glass/slate and diaphragm calls, decoys, extra Hevi-13 #6 shells, and the Benelli Vinci!

Re: Longbeard Decapitators Team Thread

Post by BPowell » Fri May 03, 2013 11:50 am

Well, came close to filling my contest limit this morning. Shot one and he ran off limping. Chased him for 200 yrds then he flew off. I'm absolutely sick right now. Sorry fellas, been a tough year.

Northerner
I mostly hunt turkey in: Ontario, Canada
While hunting I carry: Browning Silver w/Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike choke.

Post by Northerner » Sun May 05, 2013 3:04 am

Heading out again in a few minutes to get to my spot nice and early.
Thought yesterday I was going to seal the deal with tons of gobbling all around me. 4 nice strutters about 100 yards in front but henned up like no tomorrow.

Going back to the same spot but moving in tighter to the roosting area. Today is THE day.

BP I hear you, sometimes those shots just don't make it as we hope. Sounds like the bird will be alright if he was able to run the 200 yards and fly away.

Spinnerbait
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Benelli Superblack Eagle and a mouth call.

Post by Spinnerbait » Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm

I killed my third ga bird this morning and he was an 8 pointer. I guess I'll put him in at the end as a wildcard to replace a 5 point bird.

BPowell
While hunting I carry: Woodhaven and Tom Teasers glass/slate and diaphragm calls, decoys, extra Hevi-13 #6 shells, and the Benelli Vinci!

Post by BPowell » Thu May 09, 2013 10:55 am

Spinnerbait wrote:I killed my third ga bird this morning and he was an 8 pointer. I guess I'll put him in at the end as a wildcard to replace a 5 point bird.
Sounds like a good one, congrats! My season is starting not to look so good after blowing 2 opportunities recently.

Northerner
While hunting I carry: Browning Silver w/Indian Creek Black Diamond Strike choke.

Post by Northerner » Thu May 09, 2013 6:08 pm

Good stuff, way to go guys!! I'm still hard at it but only Jakes on Saturday and Sunday I decided to set up in another field where they were gobblingbtheir fool heads off the day before and nothing...

Then I went to run and gun and their was a nice Gobbler with two hens in the spot I was sitting the day before. Aaaaaargh!!!!!!! No way to put the sneak on them.

Was out this afternoon at another farm and then the rain came. Heavy down pour. Grrrrrrr...

Back at it Saturday boys and have a plan.

BPowell

Post by BPowell » Tue May 21, 2013 9:54 am

Keep after them Northerner and good luck!!

Guys, I apologize for our team member that has gone AWOL on us. It' frustrating because I know he killed a LOT of birds this year and just simply did not feel like taking the required pics to get the birds entered.

Spinnerbait
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Benelli Superblack Eagle and a mouth call.

Post by Spinnerbait » Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Don't sweat it man. Not sure why he would agree to sign up and be a part of the challenge if he wasn't going to participate but its not your fault. Looks like we are way out of this thing. Don't really see a reason to post my wildcard bird??? Good luck northerner.

BPowell

Post by BPowell » Thu May 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Spinnerbait wrote:Don't sweat it man. Not sure why he would agree to sign up and be a part of the challenge if he wasn't going to participate but its not your fault. Looks like we are way out of this thing. Don't really see a reason to post my wildcard bird??? Good luck northerner.
Whatever you want to do about the wildcard bird is good with me. Might help keep us from coming in last. Lol

Northerner

Post by Northerner » Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Ahh man you guys are going to hate me for this. I took this tom last week but never recorded the stats per the rules cause I thought we were toast with our team member bailing on us!!!!! :oops: :oops:

Now I read BP's post about the wildcard bird and we are still in it. Grrrrr

He wasn't much for points but a 2 year old with 1" spurs and not much for a rope.

dewey
I mostly hunt turkey in: Minnesota
While hunting I carry: Way too much stuff according to my so called friends

Post by dewey » Fri May 24, 2013 8:48 pm

Congratulations on the gobbler northerner!

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

Return to “13 - Longbeard Decapitators”