date verification photos

dantheman, DMP, rseabolt, turkyburns
Rseabolt
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: vest a gun,good pair other shoe!!

date verification photos

Post by Rseabolt » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:28 am

guys, we have to get these pictures right. I was looking at the photos for DMP first bird he posted and neither of the bonus point pics are going to be accepted. We have to have the date verifcation in EVERY picture. Go take a look at SMAN bird post, they are done correctly.

Dantheman
I mostly hunt turkey in: S Carolina
While hunting I carry: calls, water, cell phone, bug spray,extra headnet, extra gloves, tags, sometimes decoys,binocs,extra socks, rain gear if needed.

Re: date verification photos

Post by Dantheman » Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:17 pm

I took a look at mine, and the date is not clear on most of them. Good news, I have three more weeks to hunt. I have digital scales, but having a hard time balancing the bird,newspaper with date, and taking a clear pic. Any suggestions?

DMP
I mostly hunt turkey in: South Carolina
While hunting I carry: 835

Post by DMP » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:24 pm

You got me... My problem is I hunt alone a good bit and my phone sucks but work pays for it so I don't complain. Normally I am too far from anywhere to pick up a newspaper just to take some pictures with. Hate to say it but this will probably be my last year in the contest. All of these pictures and trying to make sure they're perfect are starting to ruin the hunt for me.

Killed two more the last two days. One is a 5 pt bird and the other 6 pt. I will get the pics posted up soon.

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:02 pm

DMP wrote:You got me... My problem is I hunt alone a good bit and my phone sucks but work pays for it so I don't complain. Normally I am too far from anywhere to pick up a newspaper just to take some pictures with. Hate to say it but this will probably be my last year in the contest. All of these pictures and trying to make sure they're perfect are starting to ruin the hunt for me.

Killed two more the last two days. One is a 5 pt bird and the other 6 pt. I will get the pics posted up soon.
I am in the same boat....but a tripod helps out a lot with the pics when you are solo. Also I started using clothes pins to hold the beard on the tape and one of those large binder clips to hold the tape on the leg for spur measurements. Seems to work out pretty good but still a pain in the behind to do.
Colossians 3:17

DMP
I mostly hunt turkey in: South Carolina
While hunting I carry: 835

Post by DMP » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:38 pm

Sorry for the screw up guys.
I have tagged out here in SC and had to enter a 6pt bird and two 5 pt birds. Would have been two 7 pt birds had I gotten the photos right.

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:36 pm

I totally understand your frustration DMP! Some of the very best solo picture takers on here this year, screwed up last year once or three times. My point is that with a little practice, it becomes alot easier and wont spoil your hunt. I have thoroughly enjoyed your videos and you are an asset to any team that is Lucky enough to get yah. Again, I understand your frustration totally but dont give up the contest next year.:smile:

Sent from my Talky Box .

trkyburns
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Ol' Tom from head to pants cuff; More calls than I need; Wingbone around my neck

Post by trkyburns » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:09 pm

DMP wrote:Sorry for the screw up guys.
I have tagged out here in SC and had to enter a 6pt bird and two 5 pt birds. Would have been two 7 pt birds had I gotten the photos right.
Hey man don't sweat it! At least you're killing birds, I'm not even hearing them! You have entered 3 birds and that's all I could ask for in a teammate. Congrats on your awesome season! I am trying my best and hope to have some entries. You have definitely kept us going thus far!
"... a thing is true at first light and a lie by noon..." - Hemingway

Return to “14 - Gobblebusters”