6 pointer

turkey teeth, Cut N Run, Dupree, StrutTastic1213
Turkey Teeth
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Gun, Calls and a good seat.

6 pointer

Post by Turkey Teeth » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:37 pm

I have one more hunt lined up for Tuesday morning on a freshly burned honey hole. I left an absolute stud in there last year due to reaching my limit there. Hopefully he will show back up. If nothing comes up I will enter my 6 pt bird from last Tues. The bird I shot Sat was also a 6pt bird with a 10 1/4 beard and 1 1/8 spurs but I didn't have a chance to get the pics for the contest. Been an incredible season, even with only hearing about 1/8th the gobbling I usually hear.

Turkey Teeth

Re: 6 pointer

Post by Turkey Teeth » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Well no go on the honey hole. Evidently a couple of guys thought it would be a good place to hunt too. I hate poachers!!! :evil: Guess I will post up the bird I killed last Tuesday.

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Thu May 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Sorry to hear your spot got jumped by trespassers. That stinks. A 6 point bird will fit. Go for it.

I hunted some public land this morning and was working a gobbler who had more experience than I did on public land. He was across the dirt road from me drumming, less than 35 yards away, but stayed in behind heavy cover. I pulled back and tried to go around him when he walked back towards where he was strutting near the roost. He crossed onto private land and left me behind at the property boundary. So it goes. My best friend is going to try him in the morning. I showed him the roost and the gobbler's strutting area below the roost. I hate I have to work on Friday.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

Turkey Teeth

Post by Turkey Teeth » Fri May 03, 2013 9:14 am

Thanks Jim and good luck. I have a DNR buddy of mine working the case now. It was easy to get him fired up, just gave him permission for the rest of the season to hunt. Hopefully it will pay into keeping them out for next season.

Return to “15 - Gobble THis”