870 20 ga cycling issue?

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Re: 870 20 ga cycling issue?

Post by Cut N Run » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Ross, As much as I'd like to have some extra $$$, I want that gun worse. I can make money any day. They quit making 870s like that one a long time ago.

The barrel is getting shipped off to William at Sumtoy next week for cutting, threading, & a new choke.

In March, I talked to some guys at the Deer Classic who do dipping and it will probably get a new look once I get the barrel back.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:12 pm

That is great that your fixing that gun for your brother. I know he will enjoy the new slug gun :lol:

Sent from my Talky Box .

Cut N Run
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:36 pm

Ross wrote:That is great that your fixing that gun for your brother. I know he will enjoy the new slug gun :lol:

Sent from my Talky Box .

Man, that's just wrong on so many levels...but it's funny :lol:

My brother won't ever see that gun again, much less shoot it. About 25 years ago,I sold him a sweet side by side that was a dove and duck killing machine with the promise that if he ever wanted to sell it, I'd have the first refusal on buying it back. He cut the barrels off and carried it around in his trunk where it got scratched and rusty & useless to me. I vowed that no gun would ever go from my possession to his again.

Ross, you really do stand a better chance of getting that 870 than he does. Truth.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

Ross
I mostly hunt turkey in: georgia
While hunting I carry: Benneli Nova 12 w/ Kicks GT 665 Choke (spray painted camo), russell outdoors super elite vest, David Holleran Crystal Miss and Moyes DBW ceramic pot calls. Lavender Mnt tube call, D-n-D Crow call, Old wore out primos Box call. Nikon Monarch 5 ATB 10x42 Binoculars. couple of mixed-n matched decoys that I use occasionaly.

Post by Ross » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:50 pm

Hahaha Jim, I thought you'd like that. :grin:

Sent from my Talky Box .

BgDadyBeardBustr
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:58 pm

Cut N Run wrote: In March, I talked to some guys at the Deer Classic who do dipping and it will probably get a new look once I get the barrel back.

Jim
Jim, who was it you talked too? I am thinking about having my 11-87 redone due to the wear on it from the years of duck hunting, before I rescued it for a turkey head smasher!
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Post by mossyoakpro » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:08 pm

Tim,

Try Dipping Thugs...they are in VA right across from NC. He does Ceracote now as well as dipping.

I just put my little 20 gauge turkey gun in the mail to him yesterday for a Ceracote bath....I wanted something different than a plain ol dipping so I am going with the Ceracote and leave the stock and forearm black.

I was gonna wait till turkey season was over but since it is pretty much over for me now I figured I would send it on and stop the rusting on it. Thry have a website...give them a peek.
Colossians 3:17

BgDadyBeardBustr
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 pm

Thanks Mike! Speaking of VA! I am there now! ;) Roosted one and headed back in the morning! Stay after them Brother! Perseverance pays big!
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Return to “20 Gauge Shotguns”