Blind or no Blind

BossTom
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: A thermocel for sure. The skeeters around here will drain you dry

Re: Blind or no Blind

Post by BossTom » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:33 pm

I want to try it with a bow this year, but I'm going to get a couple with the gun first.
Ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough for turkey hunting

congojo
I mostly hunt turkey in: new york
While hunting I carry: 12 ga

Post by congojo » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:10 pm

I struggle shooting comfortably from a covered ground blind too tight. I like hunting from my climber once I know where the girls are.congo

kenny_Hollingsworth
I mostly hunt turkey in: the south
While hunting I carry: Bowtech Realm X, Plenty of mouth calls and couple of slates. Sometimes a Mossberg!

Post by kenny_Hollingsworth » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 pm

I have been fortunate enough to take 9 birds in the last 3 years with a bow. 6 with a blind and 3 without. My success without a blind involved deep creek ditches, cedar trees (Nebraska) and field edges with decoys. I use a DSD jake/submissive hen setup. I love to hunt this way. However, its far easier using a blind, especially when trying to hide a camera man at the same time. Im sure my numbers would be a few higher if i was going after them solo with no blind.

Another option i use is from www.elkmtngear.com . They have a very impressive umbrella style blind, called the slip system. I use the camo cover on it and carry it with me while run & gunning. This makes all the difference in drawing a bow and/or hiding camera guys.

Good luck, an Osceola is waiting for me in a couple weeks to finish my archery G Slam! :D

Return to “Bowhunting Turkeys”