A killer wife!

Turkey Terminator
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: Over 25yrs experience!

A killer wife!

Post by Turkey Terminator » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:06 pm

I wanted to share some pics of my wife's success. She has only been hunting for two seasons now but she's done pretty good. She doesn't get to hunt very much but we try and pick the best days to go. She's killed 3 gobblers and 2 bucks so far with two of the Toms coming on opening day 2012 and 2013. With a little luck maybe we can keep the streak going. :D I'm very proud of her!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Grant
I mostly hunt turkey in: GA
While hunting I carry: Sometimes... way too much stuff

Re: A killer wife!

Post by Grant » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Nice! Katie started last year. She took a swing and a miss on one bird we called in. She'll be after them again this year. Looks like your wife is a killa

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Grand Slam Network
Facebook
Twitter

Toddmann
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:04 pm

She sure is. Congrats. The Lord blessed you with a wife and a hunting partner. I asked my wife one time if she wanted go hunt turkeys with me and she gave me this awful look and said, no thank you.

Turkey Terminator
While hunting I carry: Over 25yrs experience!

Post by Turkey Terminator » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks guys! She would have actually killed her limit the first season but on our second hunt we had a gun malfunction. I let her load her own gun that morning and when the gobbler came strutting in I gave her the shoot signal and her little finger was pulling but no boom. I whispered your bolts not locked in when his head goes behind the tree cycle a round fast and get him. Well she did it but her short little arms still didn't lock the bolt and the gun wouldn't fire again. By this time the bird had seen all he needed to see and started to get gone so I grabbed my 870 and ripped him down. She was so mad I didn't even think we could walk back to the truck together. And what even made it worse was when I went to pick him up he had 1-3/8 spurs. So the lesson learned was when you pump a shell in your gun do it HARD!
image.jpg

sman
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:33 pm

That's great! I'd love for my wife to go with me if we could find someone to watch the kids. She says she wouldn't enjoy it but I think she would if I could get her out there and get on a bird.
You wife has done real well. That one had some hooks and a long beard! Hope y'all keep the streak going.

sent from my obama phone.
What? What?

Denny

Post by Denny » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Dang fine birds she is slaying! She is doing great! Way to go!

tomtriage
I mostly hunt turkey in: southeast
While hunting I carry: video camera

Post by tomtriage » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:29 pm

thats awesome!!! she is learning from a killer for sure! 1 3/8 i wouldnt be mad but 1.75+ " i woulda had to have a come to Jesus meeting
God only made so many sunrises, id'e sure hate to miss one

Return to “Turkey Hunting Photos”