Team Swole Heads Bowling League

Lightnrod, Wildbill1986, OBA5151, Cut N Run
Lightnrod
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: A gun.

Team Swole Heads Bowling League

Post by Lightnrod » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:14 am

Hoping Cut n Run Has a better season than the rest of the SwoleHeads! This maybe the most difficult year I have experienced. Truthfully questioning my ability to kill a turkey! :(

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Re: Team Swole Heads Bowling League

Post by mossyoakpro » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:59 am

Lightnrod wrote:Hoping Cut n Run Has a better season than the rest of the SwoleHeads! This maybe the most difficult year I have experienced. Truthfully questioning my ability to kill a turkey! :(
Welcome to my world....been doing that for a couple of years now. If I don't come up with a decent place to hunt next year, I may take a hiatus until I do.....

Hang in there!!
Colossians 3:17

sman
While hunting I carry: Slates, strikers, mouth calls, and a thermocell!!!!!!

Post by sman » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:34 pm

I've been there. It ain't fun. We still got a ways to go. Hope it turns around for ya.

sent from my obama phone.
What? What?

Cut N Run
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:55 pm

Hang in there. I had a miserable season the year before last after having 12 great seasons in a row. It only takes a couple of lucky breaks to turn things around. Keep after 'em. I'm pulling for you.

I expected to get some free time to hunt local this week, but work has me covered up until Saturday. I know where a bonus bird is roosting, but he didn't get big by being careless. It will be Saturday before I can get after him again. He's going to get my best effort too...and hopefully some of my Hevi #7s through his noggin. They're calling for rain Saturday, maybe they're wrong again.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

Lightnrod

Post by Lightnrod » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:13 am

Thanks guys! If not for one two year old I would be striking out totally. Thinking it will get better but have my doubts on that also.Gobblers for the most part around me are hitting the ground and gobbling long enough to call up a hen and then silence.

Cut N Run
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:34 am

It'll get better once the hens go to setting. Those late morning hunts can be great! Good luck.

Jim

Lightnrod

Post by Lightnrod » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:30 am

Well they finally started acting like they're supposed too. Ended up my season this weekend. Both birds killed before 7 AM. Not the huge birds that we've been used too, but with a year like this any points are a plus.
C&R hope your season goes well and keep us informed. We're hoping you can put some bonus birds on the board!

Cut N Run

Post by Cut N Run » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:48 pm

I know where one bonus bird is roosting, but he's on someone else's land that borders where I can hunt. So far, he hasn't liked to change his path after fly down and keeps moving farther away.

There's also a grown gobbler at the small horse farm that followed a hen across the ridge above me last week. I hope his lady friends are on the nest and he gets close enough to taste some Hevi shot next time I hunt there (Friday). We got rain and severe storms until late Thursday. Friday seems like the best day to take the morning off work.

This year has been crazy so far. I did see two gobblers in fields by themselves during a light rain today. They were the first longbeards I've seen away from hens all season.

Jim

Lightnrod

Post by Lightnrod » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 am

Word on the street is wildbill maybe has a serious plus point bird on the ground. Hopefully pics coming later!

oba5151
I mostly hunt turkey in: burke county ga
While hunting I carry: 1187

Post by oba5151 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:55 am

i have heard this rumor also, sure would like to see some pictures

Return to “1 - Team Swole Heads”