Where do you hunt?

hawglips
I mostly hunt turkey in: NC, VA
While hunting I carry: Ghost cut triple reed, Hustlin Hen, 28 gauge CZ or Franchi, 4 shells with 1-15/16 oz of T9s, cane yelper, long box, glass, slate, 6 strikers, 6 more mouth calls, H2O, snacks, TP, GPS, camo, and lot of enthusiasm

Re: Where do you hunt?

Post by hawglips » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 am

BgDadyBeardBustr wrote:
hawglips wrote:I currently spend most my time in Warren and Northampton. Used to kill some in Johnston and Wake before the woods were turned into subdivisions. Also, have a couple spots I hunt at times in Avery and Watauga Co.

I'll be camping with some boys scouts next month in Croatan, Tim.
Give me a call! Might meet yall up there! What part? Catfish Lake Road or back near the River?
Tim, they postponed the trip, till next weekend. Not sure I can go or not, but it's on the Nuesiok Trail portion by the river just above the ferry across the creek from the base. Part of the trail runs on the river beach there, and it is real purty -- except that hurricane in '11 laid a lot of nice big trees across the trail...

BgDadyBeardBustr
I mostly hunt turkey in: North Carolina
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 pm

Give me a call Hal! I can always use some real woods practicing on my new Tom Teaser calls! Trying to get that Kee Kee down and get some good photos with the tips I learned from Clyde! 8-)
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

combinea'comin
I mostly hunt turkey in: NC
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3 12gauge, Cody Slate, Aluminum Pot,Woodhaven Mouth Calls

Post by combinea'comin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm

I hunt Burke,Rutherford and Caldwell Counties primarily...Mostly private land
I have a spot in Watauga County that I can go to but havent been up there in a couple of years.
Malachi 4:5-6 My Brother WMB

BgDadyBeardBustr
While hunting I carry: Remington 11-87 Super Mag 12 Gauge, PSE Dream Season EVO and my Daughter with her Remington 11-87 20 Gauge. I use a Super Elite III Turkey vest. I also use a Thermo-Cell. A must have for the taking of Bonus Birds!

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:17 pm

combinea'comin wrote:I hunt Burke,Rutherford and Caldwell Counties primarily...Mostly private land
I have a spot in Watauga County that I can go to but havent been up there in a couple of years.
I didn't even realize you were in NC Brother! Now I know where all them big birds came from last season! ;)
Pass on as much information as you can to the next generation so our support for Turkey Hunting and Conservation will live on for our future Generations!

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

combinea'comin
While hunting I carry: Winchester SX3 12gauge, Cody Slate, Aluminum Pot,Woodhaven Mouth Calls

Post by combinea'comin » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:33 pm

Mountian birds lol

hawglips
I mostly hunt turkey in: NC, VA
While hunting I carry: Ghost cut triple reed, Hustlin Hen, 28 gauge CZ or Franchi, 4 shells with 1-15/16 oz of T9s, cane yelper, long box, glass, slate, 6 strikers, 6 more mouth calls, H2O, snacks, TP, GPS, camo, and lot of enthusiasm

Post by hawglips » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:04 am

BgDadyBeardBustr wrote:Give me a call Hal! I can always use some real woods practicing on my new Tom Teaser calls! Trying to get that Kee Kee down and get some good photos with the tips I learned from Clyde! 8-)

Tim, I'm skipping the camping trip, so I'm not gonna be down there this weekend.
Hal

BgDadyBeardBustr

Post by BgDadyBeardBustr » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 am

I am working this weekend. I would not have been able to meet you down there anyway Hal! Maybe we can talk again at the Dixie Deer Classic! I would love to meet everyone that goes to this event from NC! Probably be in the Tom Teasers booth helping Tommy out! We always have fun! :D

Team Hollywood Pro Staff

Cut N Run
While hunting I carry: Benelli SBE II, Burris Speed Bead, SumToy .650, and a lighter zipped up in a vest pocket

Post by Cut N Run » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 pm

professorwingbone wrote:I live and hunt in Rockingham County. Every once in a while I'll venture into Caswell Co.

Fred

Do you hunt private land or Gamelands in Caswell? There's a bunch of turkeys around there. Those Virginia Pines they got growing in Caswell makes for some thick cover and limited sight distances in places.

Jim
Luck Counts, good or bad.

datrip
While hunting I carry: Calls, gun, shells, thermacell, tp...all I need.

Post by datrip » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:05 pm

I hunt private land in Caldwell and Wilkes counties for the most part. I will be at the Dixie Deer Classic on Friday. I will look you up in TomTeasers booth.
Whatever is over my head is under HIS feet.
Member of the Tenth Legion since 2006.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived" Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Twitter - daryltriplett

combinea'comin

Post by combinea'comin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Daryl do you live in Caldwell? Im in Burke county but harvested my first turkey ever over near Huffman Bridge rd in Caldwell county about 15 yrs ago

Return to “North Carolina”