**2007** Missouri – Turkey Creek CA – Check

Gobble157
I mostly hunt turkey in: All over the US
While hunting I carry: Gun, vest, GPS, and Gods love!

Post by Gobble157 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Missouri – Complete!

So after I killed my two Dakota birds I packed my belongings and headed south to my fathers house in Bolivar, MO. My father moved to MO to practice medicine at a local hospital 5 years before. He told me numerous times to come and visit and hunt a local wma near his house. When I arrived my dad took me to the wma and we did a little scouting. We went back to his house and got ready for dinner that evening. We decided to go to Springfield, MO and eat at the Hemmingway inside Bass Pro Shops. Needless to say, my pops and I had a great time together. We went home and I got ready for the next morning hunt. That morning I went solo to the area I scouted the previous day. This area is quite small…maybe 200 acres if I recall. I went to the middle of the wma and sat down. After 45 minutes I heard a faint gobble in the distance. I got up and walked to the property line to see exactly where the gobble had come from. I heard it again, but this time it was further off. I decided to cutt and yelp excitedly to see how he responded. Immediately he cut me off and seemed to be a little bit closer. I then made the decision to turn around and call excitedly to the spot I originally started from. The longbeard kept gobbling and each time he got closer and closer. I sat tight and steered him into my location. I basically called softly and would direct my calls behind me to my left or right pending which direction he was going. After 30 minutes had passed he was within shooting range, but on the other side of this thicket. I basically waited him out until he popped his head around this big pine. My Browning Gold barked and this MO longbeard bit the dust. This MO longbeard was a dandy for sure. The MO longbeard had super nice spurs and two beards. I called my pops and he was quite shocked with my passing luck :D

http://extra.mdc.mo.gov/documents/area_ ... 526map.pdf
Attachments
Missouri20077.jpg
Missouri20077.jpg (164.55 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Missouri2007.jpg
Missouri2007.jpg (131.69 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Lifelong obsessed turkey hunter just living my life for The Lord Jesus Christ :)

Proverbs 3: 5-8

blong
I mostly hunt turkey in: ms
While hunting I carry: calls, shells, alot of baby wipes

Re: **2007** Missouri – Turkey Creek CA – Check

Post by blong » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 pm

Got to love the vocality(if that is a word) of the show me state toms! That double beard gene is strong also.

mossyoakpro
I mostly hunt turkey in: Mossy Oak camo
While hunting I carry: GaSwamp for good luck :-)

Re: **2007** Missouri – Turkey Creek CA – Check

Post by mossyoakpro » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 pm

David,

What is the cost of the MO license? I might could swing a MO trip at some point in time.
Colossians 3:17

Gobble157
I mostly hunt turkey in: All over the US
While hunting I carry: Gun, vest, GPS, and Gods love!

Post by Gobble157 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:43 am

Mike, it was around $190 for spring turkey hunting license.
Lifelong obsessed turkey hunter just living my life for The Lord Jesus Christ :)

Proverbs 3: 5-8

Return to “US Slam Progress Report”