US Slam

Gobble157
I mostly hunt turkey in: All over the US
While hunting I carry: Gun, vest, GPS, and Gods love!

US Slam

Post by Gobble157 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:37 pm

truedouble wrote:Hey David,
Good luck this season and I hope you get your US Slam eventually!

Steve Fowler - GA
thank you Steve! One year at a time and soon enough I'll be there :)
Lifelong obsessed turkey hunter just living my life for The Lord Jesus Christ :)

Proverbs 3: 5-8

GobbleNut
I mostly hunt turkey in: NM
While hunting I carry: ...About twenty extra pounds...

Re: US Slam

Post by GobbleNut » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:07 am

This is a really cool aspiration, David. Great idea to keep records and stories of all of it. I see a future book in the making here. ....Looking forward to reading about your adventures!
Jim
Ethics and Respect First

Gobble157

US Slam

Post by Gobble157 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Jim it is a passion and I hope one day I'll have the opportunity to complete this quest. God bless you brother and have a blessed weekend!

David
Lifelong obsessed turkey hunter just living my life for The Lord Jesus Christ :)

dewey
I mostly hunt turkey in: Minnesota
While hunting I carry: Way too much stuff according to my so called friends

Post by dewey » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Hey David I love following your quest and reading the details of each hunt.

Good luck this spring.

Dewey
"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." --Mahatma Gandhi

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat."--F. Scott Fitzgerald, American writer

Bobbyparks
I mostly hunt turkey in: United States
While hunting I carry: Hope & Determination
Shotgun
Small assortment of friction calls
Binoculars
Sometimes a dead turkey

Post by Bobbyparks » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:51 pm

Good gosh buddy.....you've got a BOOK going on over here...believe it or not...I have not clicked on the this section so I'm seeing it for the first time........man....it's gonna take me a while...you need to create an Audio Book version like you can rent from Cracker Barrel :)

seriously dude....you are a one and only when it comes to this travel the country and kill birds in 49 states thing....the last one needs to be part of a show!

I can read and find out but...just where are you on this quest?...state count wise

I will get to reading here....great stuff my friend!!!
Brought to you by ACME WACKER

MidTNHunter
I mostly hunt turkey in: Tennessee
While hunting I carry: Hidden by Mossy Oak everything else is classified intel.

US Slam

Post by MidTNHunter » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:55 pm

Yes it is very impressive! Keep up the good work! If things work out maybe we can hook up while you are in TN this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddmann
I mostly hunt turkey in: Georgia
While hunting I carry: I don't carry anything!! I have a turkey vest and a sling on my gun!

Post by Toddmann » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

David,
I also have enjoyed keeping up with you and this 49 state slam quest. What I see mostly about you on these forums is you are a great witness for Jesus Christ. The Lord has blessed you and put you own a mission to represent Him. I think you are doing a good job representing Christ as well as knocking down states for this slam. Look foward to seeing which states you will be witnessing and hunting in next!

Gobble157

US Slam

Post by Gobble157 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Toddmann wrote:David,
I also have enjoyed keeping up with you and this 49 state slam quest. What I see mostly about you on these forums is you are a great witness for Jesus Christ. The Lord has blessed you and put you own a mission to represent Him. I think you are doing a good job representing Christ as well as knocking down states for this slam. Look foward to seeing which states you will be witnessing and hunting in next!
I really appreciate what you said bud. It's always fulfilling to hear another brother through Christ say what you said. Everyday is a challenge for me and the only way I make it is through The Lord Jesus Christ. Surrounding yourself with individuals that put God first in all they do will make you a better person. The best conversations I have while on the road hunting not only involve turkeys but how incredibly awesome our God is and how His love never fails and will always be there for you when you fall. I enjoy hunting but not as much as I love Him. He placed these wonderful hobbies in my life for a reason in my youth and I now know why. It kept me out of trouble and gave me the passion to seek Him more and more each and every year. I plan share my passion on here for hunting turkeys but to also share my quest to better know God and all the worldly difficulties I may face along this journey.

I leave Thursday for south FL, so im ready for another awesome year with God as my beacon :)

Dantheman
I mostly hunt turkey in: S Carolina
While hunting I carry: calls, water, cell phone, bug spray,extra headnet, extra gloves, tags, sometimes decoys,binocs,extra socks, rain gear if needed.

Post by Dantheman » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Wishing you luck on your hunting this year. Where in S Carolina will you be hunting?

Gobble157

US Slam

Post by Gobble157 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Dantheman wrote:Wishing you luck on your hunting this year. Where in S Carolina will you be hunting?
Thanks bro! Hopefully near Sandhills NWR...if not there in Francis Marion National Forest.

Return to “US Slam Progress Report”